Ilminster's Swap Shop
The first Swap Shop took place on Saturday 19th September 2009 and Ilminster Forum would like to thank the organisations and members of the public who took part in Swap Shop, over 120kg of items were Swapped.
Following the success of the event, we are now looking at holding more Swap Shops during 2010.
The first Swap Shop of 2010 will take placeon Saturday 1st May 2010.
Do you have an Eye for a Bargain?
If the answer is ‘YES’ then why not take part in one of Ilminster Forum's Swap Shops.
At the SWAP SHOP, organised by Ilminster Forum, you will find bargains as well as Fun and Activities for all the family.
What can you swap?
- Books, Fiction and Reference for children and adult.
- DVDs, CDs and computer games
- Baby items
- Toys and Board Games
- Garden items
- Kitchenware, curtains, bedding, etc
- And much more....
To enter, bring just ONE item to the SWAP SHOP and you can take up to THREE items away.
If you have no unwanted items you want to bring, you can still get in to view the items and take up to 3 items away by paying a 50p entrance fee.
It's that simple! Here is a great chance to have a clear out and get new items for free, all in the name of sustainability - re-use, recycle and get involved with your local community.
As well as the SWAP SHOP there will be a range of other activities to keep you and the kids busy. The venue is close to the centre of town – so be sure to drop by, even if it’s only for a cup of tea after your morning shop !
Watch this space for more information about the activities that will be taking place around the SWAP SHOP on Saturday 19 September 2009
The Swap Shop Rules
- Anyone under the age of 16 must have a consent form signed by parent.
- The following items cannot be accepted:
- Electrical items
- Adult items
- Hazardous or dangerous items
- Smoking, drinking, or gambling related items
- Heavy items
- All items will be checked on arrival and we will not accept items that are listed above or are broken, damaged, tired or dirty.
- Any Battery operated items must be operational at the time of the SWAP SHOP, or they cannot be accepted.
- Once an item is placed in the Swap Shop area it becomes the property of the Shop.